Saturday, August 15, 2009

What my Classmates Think of the Legal System

Overlooking what my classmates think about the legal system, I noticed that they all have very different opinions that deal with their experiences and just their all-around view of what makes it up. Some of them do not totally agree with the system but agree that without it, the U.S. would probably not be the same. Kyle H wrote that “If I were to stop and think about it the question I would realize that without the legal system the U.S. would be a different place maybe a place I wouldn’t want to be in. Yes, the legal system has it flaws but that is because it was created by people who have their flaws. From what I’ve seen and not experienced the legal system is full of many, many, many holes which people tend to pass through. I do agree that there are deffinately a lot of holes in the system for people with the right power to go through and some of them have good intentions and I am sure some do not. Jordan G brought up that They may make underhanded or unethical calls and deals with the other lawyer or judge in order to make their case possibly not the best it could be but in order to keep costs to a minimum, or they may try to uphold justice to its fullest potential in order to carry out a moral and ethical standing in the courts. I can certainly agree that the law is not painted as a pretty picture in the media, and I do not really know why, but we cannot say that the things that we see on TV do not really happen out there in the real world. To think about how complicated it is can seem pretty freightening. Michael R mentioned The legal system is so complex, and so overwhelming that I it scares me.” And it is true but Michael goes on to say “The legal system seems like a guideline of what not to do." And “So in turn I do my best to not break the law. However the fates have my path laid out I know that one day the legal system will come to bite me in the ass! Something I am doing my best to avoid.” I can appreciate the total honesty in that statement because things happen and you are bound to run into the law sooner or later and you must be ready for it when you do. Mixed emotions stir up when one is discussing the legal system and understanding it can help you handle it once it happens to you. Once it does happen, you will form the opinion for the legal system.

No comments:

Post a Comment