Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Greed is Good?

Greed is Good? Some people say that if you really want something and if you are willing to do anything to get it, it may require you to step on anybody to obtain it. Friends or family, you would throw them all under the bus if it meant that you would finally get to the goal that you set for yourself. So greed is defined as an excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth. It is also one of the seven deadly sins. Is one willing to commit one of these sins just to obtain respect and material wealth? It would seem like one would seriously have to think it over and realize what they are sacrificing in order to get what they desire. Me, personally, I would not go as far as making extreme sacrifices to get what I want. I would appreciate the achievement of my goal if I had to really fight to obtain it. It would only lose its worth if I did otherwise and I probably would not even want it after knowing that I had to go through the process in way such as greed. I guess it depends on the mentality of each individual because everyone has their own views on how things work and whether they even are concerned for others or just themselves. But when the chips are down, it is all about survival and that is when some people’s morals are put into question. Some are backed so far into a corner that the initial reaction is to push out anybody blocking their way of escape. They have to do whatever it takes just to get out of the situation that they are in. But is greed the way to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment