Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What I think about lawyers

What do I think about lawyers? Unfortunately, it is very difficult to distinguish an honest and trustworthy lawyer to the sharks that people seem to pick up on in the media. You have got to be a good judge of character and also prepare yourself to be manipulated at the same time and it can be quite frustrating. Me personally, I have never really dealt with lawyers so I do not think I am really qualified to give my opinion on them on a personal matter. But they are pretty hard to ignore when you see their faces smeared on billboards and when you hear their silly catch phrases on their commercials. I can say that I have met Glen Learner, also known as “The Heavy Hitter”. To put it frankly, he had his nickname on his license plate and he was driving a Mercedes-Benz. Now, here is someone who built his career to the point where he is being recognized by the locals who have seen his commercials but not really by how well he does his job. Like I said earlier, I have never had to deal with lawyers on legal matters it has always been how they are portrayed in the media. I have had my share of traffic violations to which I would fight them myself and pay the price but that does not mean that I have not had the lawyers experience from some sort of stand point. For example, I have an older sister who has had two speeding tickets in three months. She had heard that a lawyer by the name of Craig P. Kenny would take your ticket to a judge who would then drop the price of the ticket to a mere fifty dollars. This is not the first time I have heard this lawyer’s name because when I was dealing with my tickets my oldest sister said to take it to this particular lawyer and he would lower it to a reasonable price. Unfortunately, my dad had other plans for me and I had to pay fully. In the end, my view on lawyers is that I think they are superficial and gaudy and it is only because I have based my opinion on how they are portrayed in the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment